This one day course is designed for anyone that deals with telephone sales in either an inbound or outbound call environment.
The telephone has become a critical tool in obtaining sales in today’s competitive market, and yet it is often an area we pay little attention to and consequently it becomes a negative aspect of our business rather than the highly positive one it can be.
This course sets out to enable the attendees to sell effectively over the phone. The tools that are covered will help generate sales and whether they take inbound or receive outbound calls they will find that if they apply the techniques in this session, their success rate will increase immensely.
- Advantages and Disadvantages – A look at how the phone can work for and against us in a sales environment.
- An Introduction to Selling on the Telephone – Understanding the key points that encourage a customer to purchase from us.
- Structuring and the Sales Process – Defining a set process for structuring a sales call with a chance to demonstrate understanding.
- Why People Buy – A look at the reasoning behind people’s purchasing decisions.
- How People Buy – An insight into the emotional factors behind how people arrive at purchasing decisions.
- Turning Inbound Calls into Sales – Gauging the level of interest of a caller in order to establish the likelihood of a sale.
- Making Effective Outbound Calls – A set process of ensuring you gain the best advantage with this type of call.
- Getting Past the Gatekeeper – Understanding the role of the gatekeeper and developing methods of dealing with them in order to speak to the decision maker. Using scripts and techniques that are proven and effective.
- Sounds Interesting? – Studying three key communication factors when projecting the voice over the phone. Including a chance to review how the participants voice comes across over the phone.
- Methods of Improving the Way You Sound – 10 key tips on vocal improvement.
- Telephone Questioning Techniques – Giving the delegates the chance to fully understand the different questioning techniques that can be used during a sales call.
- Features and Benefits – How to practically apply them in a sales scenario.
- Logical and Emotional Purchasing – A further look at the reasons we buy.
- Overcoming Objections – Practical use of a set process and ways to apply it in the workplace.
- Closing the Sale – Clear methodology with a chance to practice the skills in a fun way.
- Post-course Assignment – A method of carrying the learning into the workplace and ensure continual review.
Who should attend the course?
Anyone who handles inbound or outbound sales calls over the telephone.
Requirements for Attendance
No prerequisites required.