This course sets out to develop attendee’s skills in understanding their own body language as well as being able to read the body language of others.
If we can learn to identify and appreciate non-verbal clues, we can begin to improve our communication as a whole. This use of body language skills could impact situations such as; sales visits, interviews, presentations and normal day to day interactions where body language plays a part.
Effective communication skills are critical in the development of relationships between people and although verbal communication plays a large part in this, studies have shown that a proportionate amount of our message comes from not what we say, but very often the non-verbal communication behind the message. Therefore, it is clear that body language is an important, influential aspect of communication and understanding how it works is essential in the development of your personal communication skills.
- Core Principles and the Five C’s – Exploring the subconscious effects of body language and setting the scene by ensuring participants appreciate the rules to interpreting body language.
- Reading Body Language – Gestures – An activity that helps particpants realise the power of body language and how important it is to communication.
- Arm Barriers – Understanding the different arm barrier gestures and crossed arm positions and what each means.
- Palm and Handshake Gestures – Discussing the different handshakes and palm actions, what they mean and how they are applied in real life. Includes activities that test the theory.
- Hand and Thumb Gestures – A review of these different gestures and what they mean.
- Hand to Face Gestures…or…How to Spot a Liar! – An exploration of different gestures that involve the hand moving to the face. Identifying how to spot body language that signifies lying and what to watch out for.
- Chin and Cheek Gestures – An activity that helps participants understand the different chin and cheek gestures and how to interpret this body language.
- Eye Signals – A review of pupil dilation, directed gazes and eye accessing cues in order ro fully understand how eyes provide body language clues.
- Matching & Mirroring – Looking at the technique of building rapport and developing relationships through careful obsevation of body language.
- Bringing it all Together – An activity that allows participants to embed their learning and realise how much they now understand and appreciate body language and its effect on communication.
Who should attend
Anyone who wants to gain a better understanding of their own body language, and that of others.
Requirements for Attendees