This course has been developed to help ensure the people in your organisation are aware of the importance of meeting common workplace standards. Participants may not be aware how certain behaviours affect others within the organisation, and indeed how that affects the business as a whole. Alternatively, it might be that your people need to have honest conversations with each other to ensure they work together collaboratively.
The session will help your attendees build self-awareness and will highlight the important parts of business etiquette and why it’s such an important topic.
As our day to day roles move from the static office based 9-5 jobs to more flexible and remote working practices, it is becoming more important that we focus on modern business etiquette to ensure success. Whether it is in person or over email and telephone, it is worth thinking about our social impact and behaviours on others to ensure we work collaboratively and effectively.
This training course has been designed to help attendees think about how they can successfully build professional relationships in whatever environment they work in. Attendees are encouraged to think about how they already come across, as well as how they can give feedback to others who perhaps might need some extra support.
Why is running this building better work habits course a good idea?
Well, just imagine if your staff were better able to:
- Understand that business etiquette isn’t a fluffy “nice to have” but an integral part of your organisation
- Think about what the impact the words they use have – both face to face and over email
- Combat business jargon to help keep communication clear and simple
- Experience the power of listening, and understand that multi-tasking is a myth
- Explore their own personal impact, and work to be present in all interactions
- Demonstrate effective meeting management to optimise time and resources
- Understand how to support others who, perhaps, may struggle with business etiquette
Ultimately this course allows you to nurture a workforce that is better able to work smarter and accomplish both personal and company objectives in an efficient and collaborative way.
- What Exactly IS Business Etiquette? – A chance to explore what business etiquette means, as well as understand the importance of it in our organisations
- Impact of the Words We Use – We will explore how our intention can be very different to how a recipient interprets what we say or write
- Email Etiquette – How we can use email in a smarter way, whilst avoiding the dreaded business jargon we all use in our organisations
- The Power of Listening – A look at why we listen, and how impactful empathetic listening really is
- Exploring our Personal Impact – An exploration of Patsy Rodenburg’s “circles of energy”, which is linked to our own personal resilience to ensure we achieve the personal impact we want
- Effective Meeting Management – A chance to analyse how much time we spend in meetings, how useful that time is and how we can work smarter to ensure time and resources are well spent
- Supporting Business Etiquette in Others – Sometimes, others might be unaware of the impact they have on others through poor business etiquette. This section will look at why this might be, and how we can feedback to these individuals in a supportive way
Who should attend?
Anyone who wants to be more aware of the importance of meeting common workplace standards.
Requirements for attendees