This one day training course will provide attendees with the skills and knowledge required to deliver effective and persuasive business presentations that get results. It will help the attendees present in a style that changes the way people think about the topics they present to them while leaving the audience with key actions to take away.
Attendees will be guided on how to prepare and deliver the message with impact and given the tools and techniques to ensure that their audience feel engaged and influenced by their delivery.
Organisations need people that can deliver persuasive business presentations.
Business presentations are about having the skills to engage and persuade an audience and make a change in their thinking, behaviour or attitude. It’s about preparing and delivering a presentation with impact. As the training is about business presentations, it is clearly aimed at making a proposition and getting that proposition acted upon.
- Five Types of Presentation – Establishing the five different types of presentation and highlighting the fact that this training focuses on ‘Persuasive’ presentations
- Common Presentation Mistakes – Identifying what goes wrong with presentations and understanding what can be done to ensure they go right
- Planning – You and the Audience – Define your expertise by developing an effective elevator speech. Understanding your purpose as a presenter and using this knowledge to ensure you adapt your presentation to focus on the audience needs
- Writing Structured Content
- – The Headline – Constructing an intriguing and interesting headline that encourages the audience to find out more
- – Developing Your Draft – Following a clear structure that enables you to pull together a presentation draft in no time at all. This includes:
- – The Outline – This provides an in-depth structure to follow and add information
- – Brainstorming – This process ensures you have more than enough content
- – Presentation Notes – This provides you with an easy reference tool
- – Tell a Story – Encouraging a storytelling approach to presenting
- Being Persuasive – Using the AIDA persuasion model to move your audience to action
- Visual Aids – Understanding the three types of visual aids and how best to use them. Following clear guidelines when using PowerPoint presentations to ensure you get the most out of this common tool
- Overcoming Nerves – Clear techniques to ensure you reduce nerves and avoid stress
- Delivering Your Presentation – Improving your communication style and appearing charismatic and cool. Getting your pitch, pace and volume right, using positive gestures and movement to engage with the audience and build trust
Who should attend
Anyone looking to improve their own presentation performance, or that of a management or sales team.
Requirements for attendees
Some familiarity with presentation software, Microsoft Powerpoint or similar software.