This one day training course has been developed for everyone in your organisation who may struggle with ideas generation. They may not have confidence in their suggestions, or get frustrated if they can’t come up with solutions for challenges on the spot. Alternatively, it might be that high performers want to stretch themselves and find new ways to creatively problem-solve, and become innovators within your organisation.
The traditional office life doesn’t always leave a lot of space for creativity – we have deadlines, projects and meetings all vying for our attention. It sometimes feels easier to do what we’ve always done to ensure we are hitting those KPIs or targets. However, if we can apply creative thinking to our work, we can unlock more meaningful, efficient and exciting results which can alleviate stress personally, whilst positively impacting the bottom line for the company.
With this in mind, this course has been designed to equip attendees with the techniques to solve problems creatively in the complex, hectic reality of everyday life.
- What is creativity? – A chance to explore what we mean by being creative, and the difference between convergent and divergent thinking. Includes YouTube video.
- Where are you at your most creative? – We all have common places where we have our most creative thoughts, but we may not notice the patterns. A chance for participants to explore this in depth.
- How our brain works – Our brains receive an inordinate amount of information each second. Participants will explore this, and the best “brain state” to aid creative thinking.
- The paper-clip test – An enjoyable exploration of how much divergent thinking participants possess.
- Convergent thinking – what river am I in? – Exploration of just how easy we fall into convergent thinking patterns, and how we can use simple tools to break these.
- Different roles in creativity – We need different types of thinking to help us formulate a creative idea – a chance for participant to practice this.
- Mindsets – Sometimes, we are stuck in convergent thinking patterns due to our mindset; utilising Carol Dweck’s work, it is a chance to reflect on our own mindsets and how they affect our creativity. Includes YouTube video.
- The Marshmallow Challenge – A chance to put together everything participants have learnt in the ultimate creative test! Includes YouTube video.
- Action planning – Putting together a plan for future improvement.
Who should attend
Requirements for Attendees