This course has been developed for everyone in your organisation who may need time to stop, take stock and develop more rational, critical thought before jumping into tasks and projects. They may only rely on gut instinct or be affected by assumptions in the workplace. Alternatively, it will help others who already have some critical thinking skills but may need to develop new tools to make them even stronger.
The training course will build self-awareness and will highlight the important parts of critical thinking and why we need it.
Critical thinking is becoming one of the top skills employers look for in their workforce. However, we live in a digital age where our expectation is that we have all the answers we want at our fingertips twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week. Because of this Google mentality, many of us no longer need (or indeed have the patience) to step back and just think. This ability, to think critically, is a skill that many employees currently lack and as such, can often be the reason why many businesses fail.
This training course has been designed to help attendees to start to hone their critical thinking skills. The course will explore the characteristics of great critical thinkers, whilst providing simple tools which will enhance their thought process to ensure assumptions aren’t the only perspective they are working from.
Imagine if your staff were better able to:
- Realise the importance of critical thinking, and define what it means
- Measure how they stand against characteristics of critical thinking, and look at how they can develop these
- Combat assumptions and biases that could be holding them back
- Break down and clarify business briefs, so they get it right, first time
- Use Bloom’s Taxonomy to structure their thoughts, tasks and projects for business success
Ultimately this course allows you to nurture a workforce that is better able to work smarter and accomplish both personal and company objectives in an efficient and collaborative way.
- I’m already a critical thinker…right? – A chance to explore what we mean by critical thinking, and a deep dive into the characteristics that form great critical thinkers
- What gets in the way of our thinking – An exploration of the blockers for critical thinking, with a focus on the assumptions we make, and why we make them using neuroscience
- Bloom’s Taxonomy – An introduction to Bloom’s Taxonomy and why it is important for critical thinking
- The first skill – can I even remember it? (Remembering) – A look at how we remember, as well as a simple tool to help aid this when reading or listening
- I’ve remembered, but do I get it? (Understanding) – An experiential session to put the power of understanding to the test!
- Let’s get experimental! (Applying) – A chance to apply and experiment with something we have learned, and a look at why this is important
- Taking a closer look (Analysis) – An exploration into Root Cause Analysis, and how it can help us in the workplace
- Evaluating what we know (Evaluating) – Using SWOT and PEST Analysis methods, a chance to evaluate their own business challenges against the current climate
- Let’s create a masterpiece! (Creating) – Another experiential session, utilising everything they have learned today
Who is this course for?
This course has been developed for everyone in your organisation who may need time to stop, take stock and develop more rational, critical thought before jumping into tasks and projects.
Requirements for attendance