06:04 pm - 06:04 pm
This one day course will equip participants with knowledge and skills to enable them to identify effective facilitation, where intervention is required, what tools to use and when to use them.
This course will help attendees facilitate effectively. It will focus on helping them understand the role of a facilitator and the practical elements of performing the role as well as helping them control their emotions and identify group dynamics, characteristics of the individuals within the groups and dealing with difficult situations which arise.
Learning is embedded using practical sessions which will put into practice tools and techniques learnt during the course.
- What is Facilitation? – Defining facilitation and recognising challenging and supporting behaviours
- Controlling Your Emotions As A Facilitator – Reference is made to the various domains of emotional intelligence and challenging situations are discussed where emotions may be difficult to control
- Group Dynamics and Audience Management – Examining the stages of group development and recognising that groups at different stages may require different facilitation techniques
- Identifying Characteristics of Groups – Building on the previous sessions to establish how recognising different characteristics in a group will help with facilitation
- Where Are You Now? – A questionnaire to help identify personal development areas
- When to intervene – Identifying situations where intervention is required and how to approach this
- Facilitation Tools and Techniques – A look at different methods of making your facilitation sessions more interesting and the essential skills of questioning and listening
- Facilitation Skills in Action – Examining a case study to help in identifying successful facilitation
- Facilitation Skills -Application Exercises – The courses is rounded off by practice sessions in which all members of the group are involved.
Who should attend
Anyone who is involved in facilitating groups whether as part of a formal meeting, a training course or general facilitation of groups of individuals in the workplace.