09:00 am - 05:00 pmClick to Register: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/root-cause-analysis-tickets-130623076137
Inovra Group Ltd
This one day course has been developed with the aim of improving the participants ability to focus on continuous improvement within their organisation.
The training is therefore effective in improving the skills of participants at all levels. Root Cause Analysis is a useful process to be aware of in all situations and can be adapted to suit many requirements.
Root cause analysis (RCA) is a method of problem solving that looks at the root cause of events rather than focusing on the initial ‘symptom’. By focusing on the root cause, it is hoped that the likelihood of problem recurrence will be reduced or eliminated. However, it is recognised that complete prevention of recurrence by a single intervention is not always possible. Therefore, root cause analysis should be thought of as a process of continuous improvement.
Root cause analysis is a series of tools and measurements rather than a single approach in itself. Through the use of these tools, the user/s are able to identify the key to an issue and take steps to ensure that the problem does not reoccur.
- Basic Principles of Root Cause Analysis – Highlighting why we need root cause analysis, its benefits and what it can be used for
- Pareto and Stratification – Reviewing the importance of data and how two focus on the vital few issues that will really make an impact. This section also focuses on how to effectively use Pareto Analysis and stratify data accordingly
- Defining the Problem, 5W1H – Using a logical analysis tool to guarantee that a problem or topic is analysed taking a complete view of all essential aspects. Defining a clear problem statement from the outset
- Fishbone Analysis – Helping participants identify, explore and visually display in increasing detail the many potential causes of a problem or effect, in order to discover the root cause
- 5 Why’s – Another analysis tool to get to the root cause of a problem. Using the technique effectively will define the root cause of any non-conformances and subsequently lead to defining effective long term corrective actions
- Implementing Solutions – Reviewing a collection of tools and methodologies that help participants implement actions upon defining the root cause.
Who should attend
Anyone who wants to learn how to become effective at Root Cause Analysis by using the following tools:
- Pareto & Stratification
- 5W + 1H
- Fishbone Analysis
- 5 Why’s
Participants will also have the opportunity to apply these tools to a real issue and identify a real performance/cost improvement. Finally, participants will look at implementing their solutions using several new methods.
Requirements for Attendees
Able to think logically about problems.