Being able to listen effectively is so important that it is worthy of a training session in its own right.
This half day session can be used as a stand-alone programme or can be used within a wider programme where listening skills are important. It provides participants with basic but effective techniques to ensure that they listen effectively on a consistent basis.
During this listening skills training workshop participants will be given the tools to:
- Explain why listening skills are important
- Identify key reasons why we can fail to listen effectively
- Adopt simple techniques they can always use to ensure that they listen effectively
- Why are listening skills important? – Participants discuss why good listening skills are so important.
- Hearing and Listening – We consider the difference between hearing and listening
- Sweet Tasty Orange – Participants take part in a lively activity to help demonstrate some of the key reasons why we can fail to listen effectively
- Simple Listening Technique – Participants are provided with a simple and effective approach to effective listening.
- Types of Information – This builds on the simple listening technique by considering the three types of information we will hear if we listen effectively.
- Listening Activity – Participants pair up and are given the opportunity to practice the simple listening technique and receive and provide feedback to each other.
Who should attend
Requirements for Attendees