This one day training course has been developed to introduce participants to practical tools and techniques that will enable them to better understand their people during the transformation of their business. It will also provide them with clear methodologies that will assist them in influencing the change for the organisation and the people within it.
Anyone in a position of managing or leading others will benefit from the message delivered by this Change Management training course.
The course sets out to provide attendees with a series of straightforward techniques that, if followed correctly, will give you a different way of discussing the future changes at your organisations, to help make them a success not only for the individuals attending the training course, but for their teams and customers too.
The course focuses on a series of methods that can be used to help participants understand people and teams within their organisation better. It will look at: What are their motivations? How do they feel about work? And, how do they experience it? The workshop will help participants place themselves ‘in their shoes’ to aid engagement with their teams at a higher level. Each technique is quite straightforward, and together they provide a different way of discussing the future changes within any organisation.
- Change Journey – Depicting the participants journey through their professional life, starting with first job up to the present day. This element sets the scene and helps participants begin to appreciate their own emotions through the change cycle.
- Future You – Organisation and Team – Exploring the organisation’s key goals, challenges and potential changes, along with any blue sky thinking of how it might work. Looking at the day in the life of an employee within the team in this future state. Considering the feeling these changes may bring.
- Barriers to Change and the Characters Involved – Understanding the elements that might get in the way of effective change programmes and using this information to help build real-life characters that will challenge the change message in a later activity.
- Communicating Change – Reviewing the principles of communication during change focusing on the benefits good communication will have and creating a strategy based on this knowledge.
- Planning Change Activity – Planning a message about the future organisational transformation to be delivered to the team with the aim of achieving buy-in. Delivering the message with a visual response from the audience as to its acceptance or not.
- Change House – This model provides an opportunity to explore the stages of emotion we travel through during change. As we go through change house rooms our energy levels change and therefore our productivity declines. People often get stuck at different rooms of the house, and managers need to be able to move people through it.
- Influencing Change – Establishing how trust and empathy will assist you in influencing change for those around you.
- 7 Steps to Influencing Change – Following the 7 steps allows us to better control discussions, keeping track of where we are and ensuring issues and concerns are addressed.
- Creating a Communication Plan – This activity is structured to spend more time looking for solutions than identifying problems. It will look at what needs to be done to make sure the future change process works effectively
Who should attend
Anyone who may be responsible for coordinating change within an organisation.
Requirements for Attendees